I’ve been using WordPress for my websites for years, so I’m pretty familiar and have been able to fix most small issues. But the other day, I came across an error that stumped me. I finally resolved it, but the answer came from multiple resources, plus a talk with Google support (who couldn’t figure it out), and a whole lot of guesswork. To save you from my headaches, I wanted to share my solution. This post assumes you’re familiar with WordPress and Google reCaptcha and their respective terms.
The issue started when I decided to change one of my sites’ domain name and move to another hosting provider. I got the site moved and my new domain was resolving correctly. Of course, only the index page worked, because I needed to change my permalinks for everything else...Read More